Greetings, space travellers!
Lost Exodus polishes and builds upon The Away Team’s core choose-your-own- adventure and real-time space exploration experiences by adding more content, improved gameplay, and an in-game character with integrated Steam Workshop support.
There are a lot of changes to go over, and we’ll be digging in in more detail with a proper changes, but for now, here’s a rundown on the key stuff:
- Expanded story, increasing the game’s mission content to over 120,000 words
- Enhanced sector exploration with new random event missions and asteroid fields
- A new crew role experience system
- A new unlockable character with their own story arc to explore
- Over 50 “memento” items for crewmembers to collect
- A new character editor with Steam Workshop integration
- Improved sprite rendering
- Clearer text and an optional dyslexic-friendly font
Additionally we are announcing today that the game’s base price will be increasing to $8.00 to coincide with the update’s release. A lot of effort, talent, and love has gone into making both the original game and this update, The new price of $8 will better reflect and honor that. If you’d get in early and pick up The Away Team or gift it to a friend at the lower price of $2.00, we understand.
We are really looking forward to sharing what we’ve been working on with new and existing players on the 22nd, and hope you’ll celebrate with us by checking it out 🙂
If you’d like to check out some screenshots of the new bits and pieces ahead of us updating the store page, you can check out our presskit here: http://press.underflowstudios.com/sheet.php?p=The_Away_Team